For verbal interview we use the standard check-list agreed with our Clients (Shipowners). This form contains information, educational issues, and issues of practical and professional skills.
According to the results of your answers we derived averaged conclusion – “fit” or “unfit”.
So answers like “I do not remember …” or “forgot …” greatly reduce the average rating.
Interview conducted once. Re-interview possible only after 6 months or one contract at sea.
Duration of interview is about an hour.
You must have Skype and a video camera for identification.
We wish you success!
If you thought you had seen and heard it all, take a look at these interview blunders…
Top 10 Ways To Have A Bad Interview!
- The candidate talked about promptness as one of her strengths after showing up 10 minutes late.
- Candidate took out a hair brush and brushed her hair mid-interview.
- The candidate took off his shoes during the interview.
- Candidate told the interviewer he wouldn’t be able to stay with the job long because he thought he might get an inheritance if his uncle died – and his uncle “wasn’t looking too good.”
- Candidate called his wife to see what they were having for dinner.
- Candidate flushed the toilet while talking to interviewer during phone interview.
- Candidate answered their mobile phone and asked the interviewer to leave her own office because it was a “private” conversation.
- Candidate asked the interviewer for a ride home after the interview.
- Candidate denied that he had a cell phone with him even though it could be heard ringing in the briefcase beside him.
- Candidate called in sick to her current employer during the interview, faking an illness